In this article we discuss familiarity bias, a type of mental shortcut that substitutes the correct answer with what’s familiar rather than what’s right. This can often lead to excessive risk and poor decision making and many portfolios betray the effect of familiarity bias in their construction.
- December19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights October 2019 – Automated Advice
- Portfolio Insights September 2019 – Lifecycle super funds
- Portfolio Insights August 2019 – Weighing the price of the illiquidity premium
- Portfolio Insights July 2019 – Economies and markets aren’t as closely linked as we often think