In this article Sophie Temperton discusses the misunderstood role of risk tolerance in this industry. Risk tolerance questionnaires often ignore behavioral biases that investors often display, such as the tendency to feel losses much more acutely than gains. This simple metric also doesn’t capture the other important risks investors need to consider, such as goal risk (the risk required to achieve their goals) and risk capacity (the risk they can afford to take).
- Portfolio Insights August 2019 – Weighing the price of the illiquidity premium
- Portfolio Insights July 2019 – Economies and markets aren’t as closely linked as we often think
- September 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2019 – Has the royal commission made the quality of advice worse?
- Portfolio Insights May 2019 – The misunderstood role of risk tolerance