In this article Dan discusses the often large discrepancies between time weighted returns and money weighted returns and how this can lead to misleading reported performance results for investors. Money in your account is what really matters to investors and therefore cash flows should be a consideration. Advisers should focus on ensuring clients are tracking to their goals and objectives rather than focusing on performance numbers that more often than not ignore cash flows.
- Portfolio Insights September 2019 – Lifecycle super funds
- Portfolio Insights August 2019 – Weighing the price of the illiquidity premium
- Portfolio Insights July 2019 – Economies and markets aren’t as closely linked as we often think
- September 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2019 – Has the royal commission made the quality of advice worse?