In this article Dan discusses the often large discrepancies between time weighted returns and money weighted returns and how this can lead to misleading reported performance results for investors. Money in your account is what really matters to investors and therefore cash flows should be a consideration. Advisers should focus on ensuring clients are tracking to their goals and objectives rather than focusing on performance numbers that more often than not ignore cash flows.
- Portfolio Insights June 2019 – Has the royal commission made the quality of advice worse?
- Portfolio Insights May 2019 – The misunderstood role of risk tolerance
- June 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2017 – It’s time to include risk measures alongside super investment returns
- Portfolio Insights April 2019 – Why nothing has changed since the global financial crisis