In this article Sophie Temperton discusses some of the unintended consequences of the royal commission that may have inadvertently created a worse outcome for clients. These include conservative recommendations by lawyers that ignore what is actually best for the end client, low product fees becoming more important than the most appropriate product and product providers cross subsidising this race to the bottom on fees with their long-term clients paying much higher fees than new clients.
- Portfolio Insights September 2019 – Lifecycle super funds
- Portfolio Insights August 2019 – Weighing the price of the illiquidity premium
- Portfolio Insights July 2019 – Economies and markets aren’t as closely linked as we often think
- September 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2019 – Has the royal commission made the quality of advice worse?