In this article Sophie Temperton discusses some of the unintended consequences of the royal commission that may have inadvertently created a worse outcome for clients. These include conservative recommendations by lawyers that ignore what is actually best for the end client, low product fees becoming more important than the most appropriate product and product providers cross subsidising this race to the bottom on fees with their long-term clients paying much higher fees than new clients.
- Portfolio Insights June 2019 – Has the royal commission made the quality of advice worse?
- Portfolio Insights May 2019 – The misunderstood role of risk tolerance
- June 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2017 – It’s time to include risk measures alongside super investment returns
- Portfolio Insights April 2019 – Why nothing has changed since the global financial crisis