In this article Dan discusses the issue of product suitability and the potential end of the safe harbour provisions as an outcome of the Haynes Royal Commission. In practice this means advisers will need to carry a higher burden of proof that the products they recommend are truly aligned with their clients’ needs. This will likely involve more advisers adapting a goals based advice approach going forward, with a heavier reliance on AdviceTech.
- June 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2017 – It’s time to include risk measures alongside super investment returns
- Portfolio Insights April 2019 – Why nothing has changed since the global financial crisis
- Portfolio Insights March 2019 – Money Weighted Returns
- Portfolio Insights February 2019 – Product Suitability