In this article Dan discusses the issue of product suitability and the potential end of the safe harbour provisions as an outcome of the Haynes Royal Commission. In practice this means advisers will need to carry a higher burden of proof that the products they recommend are truly aligned with their clients’ needs. This will likely involve more advisers adapting a goals based advice approach going forward, with a heavier reliance on AdviceTech.
- December19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights October 2019 – Automated Advice
- Portfolio Insights September 2019 – Lifecycle super funds
- Portfolio Insights August 2019 – Weighing the price of the illiquidity premium
- Portfolio Insights July 2019 – Economies and markets aren’t as closely linked as we often think