In this article Dan discusses the issue of product suitability and the potential end of the safe harbour provisions as an outcome of the Haynes Royal Commission. In practice this means advisers will need to carry a higher burden of proof that the products they recommend are truly aligned with their clients’ needs. This will likely involve more advisers adapting a goals based advice approach going forward, with a heavier reliance on AdviceTech.
- Portfolio Insights August 2019 – Weighing the price of the illiquidity premium
- Portfolio Insights July 2019 – Economies and markets aren’t as closely linked as we often think
- September 19 Quarterly Outlook
- Portfolio Insights June 2019 – Has the royal commission made the quality of advice worse?
- Portfolio Insights May 2019 – The misunderstood role of risk tolerance