Every dollar is equal in value – at least until it is held by an individual. Each person is riven with emotions, desires and goals that change their perceptions about the value of money. They place it in buckets, often based on the source of the money and its intended use. It’s a process also known as ‘mental accounting’ and the ways it can work against investors are well known.
- Portfolio Insights June 2017 – It’s time to include risk measures alongside super investment returns
- Portfolio Insights April 2019 – Why nothing has changed since the global financial crisis
- Portfolio Insights March 2019 – Money Weighted Returns
- Portfolio Insights February 2019 – Product Suitability
- Portfolio Insights January 19 – Value of strategic advice